Presidential decree dated 15 June 2017 approved additional measures on further development of horse breeding and equestrian sport.
The document was adopted to further develop the horse breeding and equestrian sports, the strengthening of its material-technical base, training and educating the next generation of horsemen and increasing the international authority of the national equestrian sports, active promotion and popularisation of equestrian sports among the wider population, especially young people.
According to the document, the Equestrian Federation was renamed to the Federation of horse breeding and equestrian sports.
Followings are defined as main tasks and activities of the Federation:
- Promoting horse-breeding organisations and farms to increase the population of Karabair and Akhal-Teke breeds, as well as high-value sports horses by improving livestock breeding in horse breeding;
- organisation of modern methods of cultivation and reproduction of breeding, sport and working horses by learning the advanced experience of foreign countries;
- participation in development of normative-legal base of development of horse breeding and equestrian sport, as well as the implementation of state programmes and the development of marketing and promotional work;
- system organisation and holding of national equestrian competition, aimed at educating the young generation of riders, as well as increasing the international prestige of domestic equestrian sport;
- ensuring effective cooperation with relevant bodies of executive authorities in the provision of land to provide the necessary fodder;
- expansion of the network of children's sports schools, clubs, equestrian clubs, training and retraining of judges.
Read also other Social News of Uzbekistan on www.UzReport.uz